The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced 600 full scholarships for Pakistani students to study Diploma, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D.
A statement issued by the Pakistani Embassy in Saudi Arabia said that students residing in Pakistan and legally residing in Pakistan can apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship application process:
- Students must apply directly from the university website/portal.
- Each university has its own eligibility criteria and time frame. Students must use the website for the eligibility criteria for each major/course/university.
- These scholarships are offered for almost all majors: political science, law, education, management, economics, engineering, computer science, agriculture, Arabic/Islamic studies, and media science.
- Scholarships are offered for Diploma, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees.
- These scholarships are offered by 25 universities in the Kingdom listed in Appendix A.
- Each university is allowed to enroll only 5 international students with the exception of Noura Bint Abdul Rahman University for Girls, Riyadh and the Islamic University of Madinah. The acceptance rate of Princess Nourah bint Abdul Rahman University for Girls in Riyadh was 8 scholarships, while the Islamic University of Madinah received 85 seats out of the total number of seats.
- Universities send this application to the Saudi Ministry of Education which determines the final decision for eligible applicants.
- Applicants are to share a copy of the application in the official email of the Pakistani Embassy, Riyadh Parepriyadh@mofa.gov.pk. After that, the embassy should follow up with the Saudi Ministry of Education for scholarships.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan or a citizen of Jammu and Kashmir.
- 75% of Pakistani students receive scholarships, while 25% of scholarships are awarded to Pakistani students residing in the Kingdom.
- Both men and women can apply for these scholarships.
- Applicants must be between 17 and 25 years old for an undergraduate program, 30 years old for a graduate program, and under 35 years old for a doctoral program on the closing date of the application process.
- Selected applicants begin the program in September/October each year in Saudi Arabia.
- When applying for a Saudi scholarship, the applicant must not be the recipient of another scholarship.
- The applicant must not have a criminal record.
- The applicant must not have been dismissed from any educational institution for disciplinary reasons or for any other valid reason.
- This scholarship covers free accommodation.
- Entry allowance to Saudi Arabia for a period of 3 months for married scholars.
- Return air ticket.
- In the case of marriage, free medicine for the student and his family.
- Graduation allowance for 3 months for carrying books.
- Eating on campus.
- On-campus sports and leisure activities, dependent support and travel expenses.
- 900 riyals per month for science students and 850 riyals for humanities students.
25 universities in KSA that offer fully-funded scholarships
|S. No.||Name of universities||Website|
|5||Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University||www.iu.edu.sa|
|6||King Saud University||www.ksu.edu.sa|
|7||King Abdul Aziz University||www.kau.edu.sa|
|8||Hafar Al Batin University||www.uhb.edu.sa|
|9||King Faisal University||www.kfu.edu.sa|
|10||King Khalid University||www.portal.kku.edu.sa|
|16||Al Jouf University||www.ju.edu.sa|
|17||Al Baha University||www.prtal.bu.edu.sa|
|20||Northern Border University||www.nbu.edu.sa|
|21||Princess Nora University||www.pnu.edu.sa|
|22||Imam Abdulrahman University||www.iau.edu.sa|
|23||Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz University||www.psau.edu.sa|