The Chevening OCIS Scholarship is open to use. The aim is to encourage professional academics or professionals who wish to encourage academic activities and encourage the culture and civilization of Islam and Muslim societies. The program will start in October 2022.
The duration of this scholarship is 6 months, with a focus on research projects on Islamic culture and civilization. Candidates will contact a comprehensive group of scholars. OCIS provides a platform where the Western world and Islam meet.
- Financial Coverage: Full Budget
- Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Turkey
- Deadline: November 2, 2021
Eligibility criteria for the OCIS scholarship:
- Applicants must have the ability to be promoted to leadership.
- Applicants must return to their home country upon completion of the scholarship.
- Must have a Master’s degree or equivalent professional training/experience in relevant research (minimum 5 years).
- He must have a degree in English.
- Applicants must not be British citizens or have dual British citizenship.
- If the applicant has already received financial assistance from HMG, they are eligible to apply 5 years after the end of HMG financial support.
- These applicants must demonstrate their progress after the budget is complete.
- Selected candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Six-month research opportunity at OCIS.
- The cost of living is covered during the OCIS scholarship.
- Plane ticket to your home country. Grants for research-related activities.
- Access to events and cultural events planned by the FCDO and the Chioning Secretariat.